Top Shelf History Bar Crawl: A Twist on Prohibition
Saturday, August 17th 6pm – 10pm
Live it up roaring twenties style for one night in historic, downtown Marietta! Sadly, 100 years ago you couldn’t grab a drink… legally. Beginning in May 1919 the sale, manufacturing, and transportation of alcoholic beverages became illegal. Bootlegging, backwoods stills, speakeasies, and corruption all grew, creating rampant illegal consumption… and that’s just here in Washington County! But why are we telling you all this when you can learn for yourself during this fun bar crawl? Oh, and don’t forget you’ll be drinking for a good cause. This event serves as a fundraiser for both The Castle & Marietta Main Street. Cheers!
Tickets $15 online or $20 at the door, and includes event guide, wrist bands, exclusive specials, and fun bonus stops in line with the theme of the event.
First 75 ticket sales take home a free shot glass!
Ticket holders are automatically entered to win:
- One gift box from Watershed Distillery containing 2 tour passes, 2 branded copper mule mugs, 1 free appetizer card for Watershed Kitchen & Bar, 1 Cliff Original x Watershed Four Peel Gin beard balm and lip balm, 1 Watershed canvas tote, 1 brand book, a couple stickers and some recipe cards. (Valued at over $150!!!)
- Two Free Tour Passes to The Castle
- One Family Membership to Campus Martius Museum
- Two Free Tickets to Marietta Main Street’s Fall Cider Bar Crawl – Sat., Oct. 5th 2-6pm
- Two Free Passes to Hidden Marietta’s Fires & Floods Tour – Sat., Sep. 21 2pm
- Poster of the painting “Westward Ho! A Painting of Tribute to The Ordinance of 1787” from the Henry Fearing House
- More items to be announced. Stay Tuned!
Drink Specials at Participating Bars Include:
+ “Sip & Chat” – Enjoy a chat about the effects of prohibition on Marietta and Washington County from local historian Reece Nichols while sipping an iconic mock-tail from our “Temperance Hall” (6:30pm; 7:30pm)
+ 1920s Fun Photo Booth (at ticket pick-up at Ketter Block)
+ Costume Contest Judging at 9pm at Gator’s Easy Wind Pub
Thank you to our sponsors!
Eye Care Associates of Marietta Harrison Construction
All proceeds from this event go to support two great local organizations: Marietta Main Street and The Castle!
All participants must be at least 21+ years old. Please make sure to bring valid ID with you to each drink destination. Marietta Main Street and The Castle coordinate and sell tickets for this event, but individual businesses are responsible for the management and selling of drinks to their guests. Photo IDs will be requested inside bars and bartenders have the right to sell or to not sell alcohol to ticket holders while taking into consideration the safety of their venue and our downtown. We want this to be a super fun event, so please drink responsibly.
Event materials can be picked up between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, August 17th on the 1st floor of 204 Front Street (Ketter Block). This is where you’ll pickup your event guide and map, as well as your wrist band. Don’t forget to get into the theme of the event: the Roaring Twenties!
Online Ticketing has ended.
At-the-door ticket sales are 5pm – 7pm on 1st floor of 204 Front Street (Ketter Block.)
Out of stock