Posted August 2019
Communications Assistant Job Duties
Communications Assistant responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
- Collaborating with the Executive and Educational Directors on marketing strategies and understanding the museum’s products and brand
- Support staff in organizing various projects
- Help identify trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Employ analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings, etc.)
- Assist in the promotion of events with traditional and/or digital campaigns
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write and design marketing literature (brochures, press releases, advertising, etc.) to augment the organization’s presence in the market
- Purchase advertising to reach desired markets
- Proven experience as a communications assistant
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma; BS in Marketing, Communication or relevant field is a strong advantage
- This is a part-time position with largely flexible working hours. Weekend, evening, and holiday work may be required on a scheduled basis. Some travel and supervisory responsibilities may be required.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, sample press release and other samples of work to Scott Britton, Executive Director, The Castle Historic House Museum at 418 Fourth Street, Marietta, OH 45750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 740-373-4180.
For additional information on The Castle Historic House Museum visit www.mariettacastle.org.
Application deadline is September 20, 2019.
The Castle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. The Castle seeks to enhance the diversity of its staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Castle does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.